mount old crypto partition

Hi,

I have a crypted disk that I have been carrying with me through several
linux installations (SuSE, Ubuntu). Most recently I was still able to
mount it on Ubuntu using the following fstab entry:

/dev/hdb1 /bup ext2	encryption=twofish,noauto,user,exec

Recently I switched back to Debian. I have installed
loop-aes-modules-2.6-686.

Now when I try to mount the partition, after entering the PW I
immediately get

Error: Password must be at least 20 characters.

(The old PW obviously was shorter)

Any suggestions how to work around that?

Thanks
Norbert