Re: problem with CUPS

On Dec 31 2008, 7:10 pm, Bob McGowan <bob_mcgo...@symantec.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Not sure what that would mean, so I can't provide any help there.
>
> But, when I run the browser based GUI, I do it as me, not root.  Then,
> when I do something that requires root permission to perform, the GUI
> pops up a logine box, I enter 'root' and the root password.
>
> Could be it's not working for you because the root login permissions let
> you run things, but the permissions aren't correctly propagated to the
> Apache server side?

Hi Bob,

I tried web interface as root and normal user, I tried running gnome-
cups-manager, I even tried running lpadmin. It either says in the cups
log file I am not authorized or I get that weird "entity too large"
message. Ugh this is maddening. Is there a non-cups method to get
printing setup I could try?

Zach