Re: install

Stephen Powell wrote:
> Hmm.  I'm certain that I didn't set up a netboot server.  I booted from
> what is apparently the netboot CD and installed directly from a public
> Debian mirror.  I didn't set up any special server.  That was back in
> February, I think.  I used it again a few months ago, again with no
> problems.  Why did it work?  From what you say, it shouldn't have.

That would be netinst, not netboot.

As a matter of fact, I couldn't find any obvious reference to such
netboot CD's on the Debian site. (They may be there, but not so
visible.) While there are CDs (and even floppies) to make network
booting on machines that lacks BIOS support, they aren't really
Debian-specific.

--
Test-tube babies shouldn't throw stones.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br