Re: install

On 2009-12-30 at 18:59:22 -0500, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> You probably meant netinst here, netboot is for machines that can boot
> via network.

First of all, I need to correct the path name to the mini.iso image.
The correct path name is

   dists/lenny/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

(I had "lenny" and "main" reversed in the original post.)

Secondly, I never called it a "netboot" installation method.  I called
it "the mini boot CD", which is no doubt unofficial terminology, but
does clearly indicate that booting is being done from the CD, not
from the network.  That is the CD image that I used to install Lenny
on my PC at home; and I did boot from the CD, not from the network.
All of the Debian packages for the production system and many of the
installer components were downloaded from the internet, but booting
was from the CD.  The only mention of "netboot" was in the directory
name itself.  I agree that it is confusing that a bootable CD image is in
a directory called "netboot", but I'm not the one who decided where
to put it.  :-)