Re: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

Merciadri Luca put forth on 12/30/2009 5:09 PM:

> Is there a solution to it? I have checked the drives with various
> tools, and there seems to be no problem (they are brand new).

That's not really much data/evidence to analyze for a solution.  If this didn't
occur _before_, what has changed between _before_ and now?  Always look for the
simplest solution first, using process of elimination.

If you didn't change any hardware in the system, and this lockup problem didn't
exist when you were running 2.6.24, then there may be an obscure bug in 2.6.26
that you've run into, that maybe only surfaces with a specific hardware combination.

Wild ass guess suggestion given so little to go on:  if you're using a USB
keyboard, switch to a PS/2 keyboard and see if that helps.  Sometimes there can
be IRQ 1 issues when using a USB keyboard due to the hub jump(s) and trickery
being performed by the system BIOS.  A PS/2 KB is hard wired into the 8259 (or
equivalent) so IRQ 1 is always asserted.  If the system still doesn't respond to
PS/2 KB input, then I'd hazard to say there is something wrong with your kernel,
or with your hardware.

--
Stan