Re: Software suggestion: reading Guttenberg plaintext ebooks

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 02:36 +0530, "shampavman.cg"
<shampavman.cg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glenn English wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >

> >> What software is recommended for reading plaintext ebooks? I have been
> >> opening the documents in Firefox, but maybe there is something better?
> >>

> > vi :-)
> >

> I would actually agree, but feels a little cumbersome i guess..
> you can try gedit ;-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shampavman c.g

I recall a decent little ebook reader in the ubuntu UNR release.  It
allowed you to rotate the page 90 degrees on screen so you could hold a
netbook in your hand like a real book and have a realistic aspect ratio.
You could probably get the source from the ubuntu/canonical
repositories?