Re: IPv4 localhost network problem

Sent from my coffee machine

On Dec 29, 2009, at 7:36 AM, martin <martin.juhlin@home.se> wrote:

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 14.26.51 jeff dickison wrote:
On Dec 29, 2009, at 7:07 AM, martin <martin.juhlin@home.se> wrote:
Hi,

I have problem with IPv4 on my local network. Applications that is
trying to
connect to localhost with IPv4 gets “connection refused”. I have
constructed a
simple Java program that is triggering the problem. The program
simple just

Starting by doing the following:
  $ java DummyServer 7000

When testing with telnet:
  $ telnet -4 localhost 7000
  Trying 127.0.0.1...

  $ telnet -6 localhost 7000
  Trying ::1...
  Connected to ip6-localhost.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

 Martin
<DummyServer.java>

Hi Martin,
What's the output of:
sudo lsof -i:7000

The output is as following:

$ sudo lsof -i:7000
COMMAND  PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
java 6130 martin 4u IPv6 66197 0t0 TCP *:afs3- fileserver(LISTEN)
$

  Martin

So, this shows us its only listening on ipv6 and not on ipv4. Just a guess, but I would suspect that there might be an issue with the java app. Are you seeing this issue with other apps?