Re: Can I check packages integrity with debsums on sums check failed DVDs?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Andrei:

>What are you trying to accomplish?

My first goal was to check OS packages integrity... -as I have understood it is impossible w/ debsums.

Now I try to learn how to do securely w/ updating/installing packages on Debian in the view of bad connection to Internet - where an interruption of downloading is normal and therefore re-downloading w/ apt becomes almost cycled - therefore wget comes for help.

Finally, by whatever way I get a package I want to be sure - it is safe - therefore I try to understand hos all this works in Debian - what is required at my hand in order to keep my OS safe.