RE: Setting up Atheros Ar5001 wifi

> Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 04:42:24 +0000
> From: levi.vibes@gmail.com
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Setting up Atheros Ar5001 wifi
>
> Hello again
>

> not sure what you mean by "interface configuration file", my
I meant the contents of the /etc/network/interfaces file.

> /etc/network/interfaces only contains the loopback entry (lo) as I use
> wicd to manage the network (works great for me!), but let's see if you
> have the right modules loaded first (I presume the installation went
> ok for you?), try running following command and include it's output in
> your answer, if you don't mind:

I managed to get the modules installed without any errors and now I have eth0 and ath0 (ath0 being the wireless interface) but it still won't connect.

> aku@hexbrex:~$ lsmod | grep -E '(ath|wlan)'

The output of the command is as follows:

wlan_wep                9984  1
wlan_scan_sta          17280  1
ath_rate_sample        17152  1
ath_pci               245824  0
wlan                  224032  5 wlan_wep,wlan_scan_sta,ath_rate_sample,ath_pci
ath_hal               334480  3 ath_rate_sample,ath_pci