Re: Iceweasel repeatedly hangs for 5 seconds

Hello Sun,

Thank you for telling me about safe mode - I did not know about it.

Sure enough, the problem seems to disappear in safe mode.

I compared my profile with another user's profile.  That user had not
noticed the "hang" problem.  The only difference in the profiles is that
the other profile did not have Torbutton.  So I uninstalled Torbutton
from my profile.  After 1 hour of use, I have not noticed the "hang"
problem.

Checking further, I found that I did not have Debian package
iceweasel-torbutton installed on my system.  I must have installed it
direct from the mozilla website, which may have caused the problem.

After some further testing, I will install the Debian
iceweasel-torbutton package and see if I can use it without problems.

Thanks also to the others who commented.

Jack Dodds