Re: problem with firefox not starting illegal instruction

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:02:54PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:39:18 +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
>
> > seem to have a problem with iceweasel this morning it will not start -
> > for different users - upgraded to lastest version
> >

> > ii  iceweasel                             3.5.6-1
> > lightweight web browser based on Mozilla un  iceweasel-dom-inspector
> >           <none>                      (no description available) ii
> > iceweasel-gnome-support               3.5.6-1
> > Support for GNOME in Iceweasel ii  iceweasel-l10n-en-gb
> > 1:3.5.6+debian-1            English (Great Britain) language package for
> >
> > tries to start, multiple flashes and then nothing but illegal
> > instruction.
> >
> > using gdb (real novice), I can see the stack trace is from gnomevfs +
> > xulrunner I think
>
> Have you tried to launch it in safe mode?
>
> "mozilla-firefox -safe-mode"

yes I had, seems like it is okay now (after sleep), so a bit a loss

--
"My trip to Asia begins here in Japan for an important reason. It begins here because for a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times. From that alliance has come an era of peace in the Pacific."

	- George W. Bush
02/18/2002
Tokyo
someone apparently forgot about a little something called World War II