Re: Exim4 redirect question

Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I receive emails from a-user@msn.com. I would like to redirect these
> (and only these) to a-differentuser@gmail.com.
>
> Is this possible with exim4? From reading the docs I think it should be
> possible to do so using redirect but I cannot find an example of a
> suitable script. Can anyone provide such an example and indicate where
> it should go?

This is possible with filters. See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/filter.html for the syntax.

Your ~/.forward file can be an exim filter. I don't know if this is
configured by default in Debian's exim, but it's just a simple setting
in the config file:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/index.html#toc0207

It's also possible to use a system filter, but that would affect all users.

--
"Rembrandt's first name was Beauregard, which is why he never used it."
		-- Dave Barry

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br