Re: debugging initrd image

Andrew Reid wrote:
On Saturday 26 December 2009 15:11:59 Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

What is the way to debug an initrd file and drop into a shell?

  You can use the "break" options (detailed in another reply) to
get at it "live" during the boot, but I have often found it useful
to just unpack the thing on another system and look around.

  The initrd image is a gzipped cpio archive.  "man cpio" for more
details on how to unpack it.

This is in the attempt to understand why my homegrown kernel sees both USB drives and Debian's does not.

I have looked at both unpacked archives and that gets me no closer.

So it will have to be "break".

Hugo