Tomcat error I don't understand

I am moving an application that I had working on another machine under tomcat5.5 to tomcat6 on my desktop.

I have got to the point where I am trying to access this application and it is throwing an exception.

The Root Cause is this line

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/akcmoney/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/hivemodule.xml read)

which seems to imply that the hivemodule.xml can't be read.

However, this is inside the directorys made by tomcat when it expanded the war file and has owner and group of tomcat6 and permissions of 644.

Can someone tell me what this error really means

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk