Re: Completely USB media based system?

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:19:53 -0500, Pobega wrote:

> Is there any reason why you can't do this with the standard installer?
> Seems like it would be pretty simple to do in partman.

That's what I've been trying but after I reboot the installed system I
get:

root (hd1,0)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x7
kernel /boot/vmlinux-2.6.26-2-amd64 root=/dev/sdb1 ro quiet
Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition
Press any key to continue . . .

which doesn't make sense (to me) because the install seems to go fine and
the devices are bootable, marked bootable, recognized in the BIOS, etc. Any
insight is appreciated. :-)