Re: building a custom kernel-WAS: Re: USB disk shows up late at boot

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 20:53:31 -0600
Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> relating to doing so.  When compiling one's first custom kernel one should start
> with _ONLY_ the functionality one needs.  Then build things up from there as you
> need more abilities from you kernel. ;)

But I'd add that it's very easy to disable something that you don't
realize you need, so be very careful about what you disable.  The
quality and penetrability of the kernel docs really varies widely ...

Celejar