Re: Copying only files that are not into the destination

Merciadri Luca writes:
> Sorry, English is not my mother tongue. Does it appear so artificial?

The "desktop and paper" metaphor was popularized by Apple in the 1980s
on the assumption that office workers would be frightened by such
"computer jargon" as "directory" but could be made comfortable by
lifting terminology from their familiar work environment.  Thus
directories were called "folders" in analogy to the familiar file folder
and files "documents" in analogy to the papers contained in "folders".
In some implementations disk drives were "filing cabinets".

It was all quite unnecessary, of course, and just causes confusion.
--
John Hasler