Re: PPP / ADSL / demand / GUI prompt question

Thanks Stan but my modem is powered from the PC - it has no other power supply.  (Here is a picture of the model I have, which I found on the internet: http://www.sbazar.cz/img/big/74/2917974_1.jpg ).  And I wouldn't like to leave the PC on all the time, I don't think its power would be negligible, its fans make plenty of noise even when I am not doing anything on it.  The PC is nearly 8 years old and has an Athlon CPU.

You may be relieved to hear though that I am thinking of changing to an ISP who will give me a wireless hub when I join up :-)