From: vr [mailto:debian-user@iotk.net]
Sent: December 23, 2009 9:01 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Configure Lenny client respond to snmp queries

Hello list,

I tried to get a lenny based box to respond to snmp queries a few months
ago but failed. This time around I am using a VirtualBox with
netinst-x86 lenny installed as my "client". The system that I will have
poll lenny is using Cacti (but does not have too).

Upon issuing "aptitude search snmp" I get 43 results back. After
Internet searching for a bit I'm finding what appears to be somewhat
dated documentation for setting up snmp. My questions; does anyone have
any pointers to current doc they've used that covers what I'm trying to
do? And which snmp package would you recommend for someone just getting
started with snmp?