Re: Configure Lenny client respond to snmp queries

2009/12/23 vr <debian-user@iotk.net>
Hello list,

I tried to get a lenny based box to respond to snmp queries a few months
ago but failed. This time around I am using a VirtualBox with netinst-x86
lenny installed as my "client". The system that I will have poll lenny is
using Cacti (but does not have too).

Upon issuing "aptitude search snmp" I get 43 results back. After Internet
searching for a bit I'm finding what appears to be somewhat dated
documentation for setting up snmp. My questions; does anyone have any
pointers to current doc they've used that covers what I'm trying to do? And
which snmp package would you recommend for someone just getting started
with snmp?

http://gameornot.net/umarzuki/?p=157

use google translate if you're not familiar with malay language