"Nothing to be done for all-am" on Lenny

I've not come accross this one before but I now have 2 seperate machines
running Lenny that are reporting this when I'm trying to build things. On
one of the machines I've built a kernel ok but when I've come to build XFCE
4.6.1 I get this message. On the other I was trying to build desmume and got
the same message, but I have recently built e16 with no problems. Both
machines are relatively new builds so are fairly clean. Can anybody point me
in the right direction with this one?

Gav