Re: Urgent: Query on dhclient in handling IP conflict

sathya sai put forth on 12/22/2009 12:26 AM:

> *I could also see that, our debian dhclient presently DOES NOT HAVE AN
> OPTION TO IMPLICITLY SUPPORT THIS.*
>
> But as per RFC 2131,  the client should perform a final check to detect
> the IP conflict and send DHCPDECLINE message. Please find the RFC
> snippet as in below,

Why aren't you able to create a reservation on the dhcp server?  That is the
very very simple and _correct_ solution to this problem.  This is exactly why
dhcp servers have code to allow reservations.

--
Stan