Re: Wireless Mouse vs. Cell Phone ??

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
David Baron put forth on 12/20/2009 2:56 PM:

One idea. USA cellular phones operate at 1.8 ghz, Europe phones at 900 mhz and Israel ones at 800 mhz. I live in Israel. What about that Microsoft wireless rodent. Be that also at 800mhz? Be that the problem?

Right idea, wrong frequency spectrum.  Most wireless mice use the infrared
spectrum, not the radio frequency spectrum.  This is true of almost all remote
control consumer devices on the market since at minimum 5 years ago.
This is a joke, right?

Wireless mice are radio frequency devices. 27mhz seems to be a popular frequency, though I've seen specs for devices that can be set to run anywhere from 27mhz to 2.4ghz. As I recall, Bluetooth devices (including Bluetooth mice) run in microwave frequencies (2.4ghz range). Infrared is LIGHT, at frequencies in the Terrahertz range - MUCH higher frequency than radio, by multiple orders of magnitude. Mice bounce infrared off the surface they're on, not for communicating with computers.

To the original poster: 1. Since you're seeing log messages, one thought is to simply wave various RF devices (mouse, phone, wifi router, ...) near your computer and see which ones trigger the messages (or if it's a laptop, move the computer around). Or,

2. Since your complaint is about lots of error messages clogging your disk, not about things like a wandering mouse pointer - you might try changing your logging config. file to stop capturing the "zillions of mouse error messages." (Of course, your other supposition might be correct - that the messages are software generated.)