Re: Backlight bug on Acer Aspire 7720

On Saturday 19 December 2009 18:07:11 Thomas McCullough wrote:
> Hi all,
<SNIP>

Hi,
Same problem with Acer Aspire 5712Z. I posted here some time ago about it, but
got no answer solving the problem. And then it want away with a kernel
upgrade, and came back with a new upgrade. I found 2 others ways to get out of
it when it happen: I have created a second user, and logging back and forth to
the second user brings back the backlight to full strength. No way to set it
using the function, but it's work. The second way is to go to console,
CTRL+ALT+ F1, try to change the brightness, it will show an error, then go
back to the regular user, problem is fixed!
At least, I dont have to go back to vista!!!!!