Re: Applet to show arbitrary text in gnome panel

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:54:15 +0100
Matteo Riva <muradin@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'd like is a container which runs a script on a timer and displays
> its output.  Basically something like Conky, just for the gnome panel.
>
> Is there such a thing?

Xfce has the "Generic Monitor" plugin (xfce4-genmon-plugin), which does
exactly what you want.  I'd imagine that there's something similar for
Gnome, and if by some chance there isn't, there may be some way to run
Xfce plugins in Gnome, since IIUC, they share some structural aspects.

Celejar