Re: email server

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 07:42:41AM -0500, Paul Cartwright
wrote:
> so I have a DynDNS domain, that I have pointed to my
> router, and I want to make a mail server for that, to test
> with, get it setup, then I can move my REAL domain to
> it...  All I want is a simple setup, 2-3 users, just to
> test incoming ( and outgoing) emails to a dnydns domain.
> What is the simplest, easiest setup I can do?

If you run your mail on a dynamic IP you will probably find
many sites rejecting it -- it may be listed in a PBL such as
http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/ (either now, or in the future).
I'd recommend relaying your outbound email via either your
ISPs smtp server or another one you have access to.

--
Jon Dowland