Re: Java Runtime Enviroment missing

On 2009-12-13, Nick Douma <n.douma@nekoconeko.nl> wrote:

> On 13-12-2009 14:55, pch0317 wrote:
>> Hi
>> In Iceveasel, page bar apperar that ''Additional plugins are required to
>> display all the media on this page''. I have to install Java Runtime
>> Enviroment. Which open-source packet I have to install to run page
>> entirely.
>> I have installed Debian testing amd64.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> aptitude install sun-java6-plugin

Remember to enable the non-free repository. There are free alternatives in
main,but many find that they don't work as well as the Sun plugin. But beware
too that there are a number of unfixed security issues with the Sun version in
Debian. I download the JRE from Sun directly, install it in /opt, and manually
create the symlink in the Iceweasel plugins directory.

--
Liam O'Toole
Birmingham, United Kingdom