Re: IDE CD-DVD Writer won't write

#include <hallo.h>
* Merciadri Luca [Sun, Dec 13 2009, 03:58:37PM]:

> I thought that I had specified it before, but, according to your
> message, I did not explain this in an explicit way.
>
> Under Windows (XP), I am able to read, and write, on any CD or DVD
> medium, whatever the writer. I am thus fully able to use the
> Linux-problematic CD-DVD-writer under Windows XP. That proves that
> cables and related stuff are correctly done. That is the main problem:
> Linux cannot make it, while Windows can make it, for once.

Relax. Then I suggest testing a closed-source alternative similar to
what you may know from Windows experience: Nero Linux 4,
http://www.nerolinux.de/. This way you can exclude kernel issues as
potential problem.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<LGS> Halloechen, ihr Spinner, so frueh auf?
<nusse> nein, wir schlafen alle im kollektiv