Re: results: debian-user's favourite FLOSS (2009)

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:56, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I noticed that as well. Kinda sad. Any thoughts as to why?
>>>
>>> my .02 is that the list doesn't seem to have quite the breadth of
>>> traffic it has had before. But that's a cursory observation at best.
>>>

>> My guess would be the popularity of Ubuntu. Much of the pie went
>> there. As Ubuntu is Debian-derived, how about doing the poll there as
>> well?
>
> I actually once did, but am sure I'll be swamped if I try now - Ubuntu
> is massive! It would be nice though to compare the response
> (favourites) from both camps. I'll limit myself to Debian for now;
> maybe next year :-(

Dotan ran the poll at ubuntu-user and I was surprised that the
response didn't seem any better (unless Dotan has received a number of
private replies, which I did). If so, I suppose then that hoards of
*buntu users prefer the forums.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com