Re: Debian 5.0 & 64 bits

2009/12/13 amka <amka@hispeed.ch>
Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a new computer and wonder what is the best for 64bits.
AMD or Intel ?

Could someone give me please an advice ?

I have actualy an AMD Opteron and the idea is, for the moment, to buy :

 - CPU           AMD       Opteron 1356

it seems this processor is quad-core, so it may support long mode (lm) feature.

 - Motherboard   Tyan      Tomcat n3400B (S2925-E)
 - Memory        Kingston  KVR800D2E6K2/4G   (2x kit of 2x2GB = 8GB)

for ram more than 2 GB, i'll definitely go for 64-bit

Perhaps somebody have an experience with some of that.

Best regards,
                 Amel