install location and aptitude

Hi,

How do you direct aptitude to install packages to a specific directory?  For example, Google Chrome by default is installed under /opt but I prefer it to install in my /usr partition rather than in the root partition which contains /opt.  That's mostly because I have partitioned my hard disk according to the default scheme of Debian's installer which allocates only a few hundred megs to the root partition.  So my question is, how do you ask aptitude to install Chrome in /usr?

Thanks.

Nima