Re: Msn protocol

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 12:43 +0100, Roy wrote:
> Is anyone from you guys using Msn protocol, and unable to bring it up?
>
> It has been two/tree days now, unable to use Pidgin or Centerim, and so
> is a friend of my .. also Debian.

Yes, I had problems for a few days using Empathy. I resorted to trying
Microsoft's Messenger on Windows; it kept saying that I needed to accept
the term and conditions, and it sent me to a site which was unavailable.

After Googling, I found many suggestions that you need to login to
live.com and accept the terms of service (TOS) when propted. However, I
never got prompted when doing this, and ended up setting up a new
account - which then worked OK.

Funny thing, when I logged in to my old Live account the next day, in
order to delete it, I was then prompted to accept the TOS. Which then
made my old account work again. Grrrr.

I note the the TOS say you can't use unapproved third party IM
clients. ;-)

--
Tixy