Re: Problems with Xorg in squeeze after update

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:47:26 -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> Hi, Camaleón.

Driver           "nvidia"

>> > It seems to give the same result that with xorg.conf.new :-(
>
>> Try by loading "vesa" or "nv" driver, instead "nvidia" one.
>
> Exactly minutes before reading this email, I was testing with driver
> "vesa". I slightly change the configuration in xorg.conf.new to test and
> I add some modes because when doing the test I get the message 'not
> valid modes':

Your xorg.conf file is very big. Just follow Andrei's advice and keep
only a minimal configuration:

***
Section "Device"
 	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
 	Driver		"vesa"
EndSection
***

Or:

***
Section "Device"
 	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
 	Driver		"nv"
EndSection
***

It's the best way to start debugging xorg.

Remember nowadays X setup is just dynamic and should auto-detect your
devices and adjust them "automagically".

(...)

> (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
> (II) UnloadModule: "int10"
> (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libint10.so (II) UnloadModule:
> "vbe"
> (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libvbe.so (EE) Screen(s) found,
> but none have a usable configuration.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>
> Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
> 	 at http://wiki.x.org
>  for help.
> Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
> information.

> I'm going to test with "nv" driver and soon I comment the results.

Also, test it with no "xorg.conf" file at all. Let X to do its way.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón