Re: Does email server OS needs clamav?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> No, but it help your users to decrease the amount of code with unsafe
> data at a very low prize for your server performance or security ;-)

My worries come from the fact that many email-related services are run w/ root privileges - therefore, if a security issue occurs - there is not problem to compromise whole OS. - Meaning an evildoer can create some special message that through the services processing will make a breach in the service and finally in the OS.