Re: Charset of the Aptitude reference manual

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:37:14 -0800
Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:

>   It should be UTF-8, but that doesn't mean it's not broken.  The text
> documentation is generated automatically via html2text, and that's been
> buggy at various points, particularly with regards to encodings --
> unless you have a specific reason for wanting plain text, I'd suggest
> using the HTML documentation.

Looking at the README in a hex editor, I see that it contains (e.g.)
the sequence "0A 0A 0A 0A C2" (right before the Buddha nature
remark :)).  The 0As are, IIUC, line feeds, but the C2 just doesn't
seem to make any sense.  I'm not really great with encoding, though, so
I may be misunderstanding something.  I can use the HTML, but a) I like
the habit of a quick-and-dirty pager invocation and b) I like the
ability to look at the entire manual at once, so I can easily search
through the whole thing and jump back and forth therein.  Is there a
single-page HTML version?  I can't seem to find one.

Thanks for a great program, and for your responsiveness here.

Celejar