Re: X fails after upgrade

Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Tony van der Hoff wrote:
Hi,

Running testing on my laptop, which I haven't upgraded for a while.
Today I set a massive upgrade in motion, which eventually completed.

Rebooting, I now find that X won't start; the Xorg.0.log contains error
messages to the effect that "freetype" and "ati" modules are missing.
Then "No drivers available", Fatal server error: no screens found.

Can anyone suggest where to go from here, please?

Have you tried installing some ttf fonts and looking for a suitable ati package for whichever ati video card you have?

The xserver-xorg-video-ati package comes to mind.

You da man, wayne!

That's the answer; thanks very much.

Glad I could help.