Re: How to change sound volume in gnome-shell?

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:18, Alan Ianson <agianson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 10:12 +0800, Mr. Wang Long wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In gnome 2.28 I used to change sound volume by the mixer_applet, which
>> won't run in gnome-shell environment. In gnome-shell I have to launch
>> kmix manually, which shows up in the system tray. But what is the
>> "normal" way to control sound volume in gnome-shell?
>
> My gnome 2.28 testing/unstable has a sound icon in the tray as always.
> Is that what you mean?
I also have an icon in the top-right corner in gnome 2.28, but it is
actually an applet. For example I can right click on it, then uncheck
"lock on pannel", then move it around. However applets won't run in
gnome-shell.

By the way, I didn't install pulse audio, did you? Maybe the icon you
saw is provided by pulse audio?