Re: postfix+sasl+dovecot script help!

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Tudod Ki <tudodki88@yahoo.com> wrote:

> postfix+sasl+dovecot script help!
>
> Hi everybody!
>
> I am trying to get the solution for days now, and I don't know what to do really :S
>
> I just want to write a script, what does automatically install postfix, dovecot, and it configures sasl authentication for the clients.
>
> I'm here right now [the script!!]:
>
> ####################
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1687824
>
> [I have written the reference howto in the script.]
>
> ####################
>
> I run it after a fresh Lenny netinstall, on VirtualBox.
>
> If someone knows, what am I missing, please help me :\
>
> I can see with "netstat -tulpn", that the server is listeing on port 993,955,25.
>
> ####################
>
> 1.) But: when I want to get the e-mails through imap, with Thunderbird, on another machine, it just waits, and waits, and waits...[and finally it gives this: "Connection to server debian.lan timed out."] :\

Use "openssl s_client -connect debian.lan:995" to perform a test POP3
session and verify whether you are able to connect to the POP3
service. Following is an example session. The "+" preceded lines are
Dovecot responses. Replace "username" and "password" with suitable
values in your case.

+OK Dovecot ready.
USER username
+OK
PASS password
+OK
QUIT
+OK Logging out.

If you get "-ERR" after typing the PASS line then you will need to
look deeper in to the dovecot logs.

> logs:
> mail.info log: http://pastebin.com/f6c486374
> mail.log: http://pastebin.com/f6e60f9b
> other logs are empty

> 2.) When I want to send a message from a testuser to a testuser, with Thunderbird, on the client, it just keeps asking for the password, when I want click send. :S
>
> logs:
> mail.info: http://pastebin.com/f1bca774f
> mail.log: http://pastebin.com/f5c0be27c
> mail.warn: http://pastebin.com/f46806d2f

Try starting `saslauthd' with the "-d" flag for debugging the SASL failure.