Re: kernel 32

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 17:04, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:54:48 -0500
> Colin <cwvca_SPAMNOT@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mark Allums wrote:
>> > My question is, Will kernel 2.6.32 make it into Squeeze, and secondary
>> > to that, what does it offer that might make it compelling to me that
>> > 2.6.31 doesn't have (especially what is there that would tend to make me
>> > want to update/upgrade now, rather than later)?
>>
>> Yes, 2.6.32 will make it into squeeze.  For me, I'm looking forward to
>> the wireless driver for the Broadcom 43xx series of chips being included
>> in the kernel itself.
>
> FTR, b43 has been in mainline for a while already - it's not new to .32.

I think there has been a fair amount of work on mac80211 and cfg80211
and related drivers, though.

Also, I believe Radeon KMS and DRM for r600/r700 is new, and there
are improvements to the Radeon KMS and DRM for r500 and under.

Oh, and VGA Arbitration and some new SCSI FC driver that Linus didn't
much like. Greg K-H has also been fixing up Microsoft's HV driver.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers