Re: On Access Virus Scanner Recommendation

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:26:12AM +0100, Holger Rauch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > Why is that a problem? Do you have Windows clients accessing the system
> > through NFS?
>
> Not necessarily, but I'd like to be on the safe side.

On what safe side?

Can you give an example of a threat you wish to mitigate with such a
scan?

Are you aware of the overhead?

Are you aware of the potential threat that someone might trigger a
security hole in either the module or the (omnipotent) scanner by
reading a specially-crafted file?