Asus M2NPV-VM RAID and SMP64 feedback

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my box in an either-or scenario.

*) either i buy an AMD Phenom X4 (9650, no TLB issue; socket AM2+ is
compatible with AM2) to replace my Athlon64; or
*) i buy one 500+ GB SATA-2 drive; or two with RAID. I'm considering
Western Digital, two of them with 32Mb cache are roughtly the same
price as an X4.

The questions being: has anyone had experience with the X4 and
Debian(64); and how well is RAID(1?) supported? I believe the
motherboard has hw raid.

TIA,
Nuno Magalhães

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail