Bluetooth on testing

Squeeze amd64 on Thinkpad T61, fresh installation five hours ago. Idiot
user migrating from Jaunty x86_64.

I have long used a bluetooth Razer Pro|Click Mobile mouse, which works
fine on Jaunty. I cannot get it to work in Debian testing.

If I click on the bluetooth icon in the Gnome panel, then Setup new
device ... nothing happens.

If I click on the bluetooth icon in the Gnome panel, then Preferences,
I get a dialog box. However, no devices are shown. The dialog box has a
button for Setup new device ..., but nothing happens when I click on it.

>From the command line:

Devil8:/home/jjj# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
	00:0F:F6:6C:6C:DB	Pro|Click Mobile
Devil8:/home/jjj# hcitool cc 00:0F:F6:6C:6C:DB
Devil8:/home/jjj#

As seen above, the connect command appears to work without error, but
the mouse still does not work.

Putting the mouse into pairing mode (hold the Connect button down until
the light flashes rapidly) while doing any of the above makes no
difference.

Since hcitool found the mouse it is clear that the installation of
Squeeze correctly found and configured the bluetooth module in the
laptop. Since the mouse works fine in Jaunty, there must be nothing
wrong with the mouse. If there is nothing wrong with the hardware, the
problem must lie in the software, but I am out of ideas.

Suggestions?