Re: Why aptitude wants to remove zenity and xserver-xephyr?

On 2009-11-20 11:17 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:

> I would like to guess why aptitude removed my zenity and
> xserver-xephyr when I only want to remove hplip-gui. In its output
> appear "{u}" , I think it means "because of a upgrade"

No, it means "unused", i.e. these packages were automatically installed,
and no manually installed packages depend on (or recommend) them
anymore.

If you don't like this behavior, you can turn off the automatic deletion
of unused packages.  Start the aptitude TUI and uncheck the box under
"Options -> Preferences -> Remove unused packages automatically".

> One question OT: Is better paste here inline (in the mail), or better
> put a link to paste.debian.net ?

Unless the output is very large, I strongly prefer pasting it inline,
because it makes reading and replying much easier.  Some of us read even
read their mail offline, which makes having to go to a website even more
inconvenient.

Sven