Re: Flash/AVI/Skype sound issue in Squeeze

> Hi,
> I got a similar problem having a web cam with integrated microphone.
> Restarting the computer with the web cam unplugged would bring back the sound
> in iceweasel. Blacklisting snd_usb_audio in alsa-base-blacklist.conf did solve
> the problem, in a not too nice way, but it did what I wanted. Of course, I
> cannot use the microphone on the web cam now, but I really don't care for it.
> Hope it helps
> Thierry

Hello Thierry,

For reasons I have yet to explain my .avi and flash sound indeed
worked once I unplugged my Logitech USB microphone and rebooted. Right
now, what I need to do is blacklist it the same way you blacklisted
the microphone component of your camera, because I also have a Windows
partition in which the microphone is fully operational and needed, and
I don't want to have to plug it in every time I log into Windows. This
is my alsa-base-blacklist.conf:

jason@debian:~$ sudo cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist.conf
# Uncomment these entries in order to blacklist unwanted modem drivers
# blacklist snd-atiixp-modem
# blacklist snd-intel8x0m
# blacklist snd-via82xx-modem
# Comment this entry in order to load snd-pcsp driver
blacklist snd-pcsp
# Comment this entry in order to load pcspkr driver
jason@debian:~$

I added the lines

 # Blacklisting microphone input
blacklist snd-sb-audio

But the problem persists. I think I might have something wrong with my
syntax. Here is what lsusb says about my mic (other USB devices
ommitted):

jason@debian:~$ lsusb
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0556:0001 Asahi Kasei Microsystems Co., Ltd
AK5370 I/F A/D Converter

What should I do to keep my mic connected to the box, but not have it
interfere with my sound the way it did?