Re: 503-I386 net install problem

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 14:49:35 Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 18. 11. 2009 00:43:05 je Fred Zinsli napisal(a):
>

> I think you may be overcomplicating things: IIUC, you *can install
> the base system* without specifying any mirrors. Why don't you just do
> that then?
> IIRC, that's actually *not* without mirrors -- it's just the default US
> servers the installer defaults to. Once you have the base system, you
> just fire up Synaptics
<SNIP>

Synaptic in base system? I dont think it is part of it. But in any case,
aptitude will work. You may also use tasksel after a base install. Something
like tasksel install standard will install, well tandard staff, then tasksel
install desktop will install gnome destop, or if you kde or xfe:
desktop=kde (for kde desktop) then tasksel install desktop.
Hope it helps (even if it does not explain why you get stack!)
Thierry