Re: many errors on hp installation

El Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:01:26 +0100, roberto escribió:

(...)

> i let the setup utility to find manually the printer and it actually
> did, then i manually provided the ppd file and finally i get that error
> message:
> error: Printer queue setup failed. Please restart CUPS and try again.
>
> also, i do not understand why it outputs: error: Unsupported model:
> HP_Color_LaserJet_2600n
>
> while the ppd file i provided is correct i also read the bug report but
> it appears my problem is slightly different

Try to use the Cups web interface (http://localhost:631) to add the
printer. I find Cups the most reliable way for adding plain (non multi-
function) printers.

BTW, Linuxprinting recommends "foo2hp" driver for this model, so you
could try with that.

http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-
Color_LaserJet_2600n

Greetings,