Re: OT - multitail - Connecting a video camera

In <[🔎] 4AFD57BA.7080000@googlemail.com>, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
>Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
>> What does 'watch' deliver that 'tail -f' does not? 'tail -f' is even
>> realtime, something that watch is not.
>
>Nothing I guess, thanks for pointing this bashism. Time for a "man tail"
>(that's interesting...).

The "-f" option to tail is not a bashism.  The "-f" option to tail is
specified in the Single UNIX Specification, version 2 (and possibly other
versions).

Bashisms are features of *bash* that are not required features of the "Shell
Command Lanaguage" part of the POSIX/SUS lines of specifications.  It is not
an alias for "stuff you didn't know".