Re (2): finding the ip address of an upstream DNS

Celejar,

Date:	Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:30:24 -0500,
> From the [dnsmasq] manpage:
>
> -----
> In order to configure dnsmasq to act as cache for the host on which it
> is running, put "nameserver  127.0.0.1"  in /etc/resolv.conf ...

Certainly that condition exists on my system
and certainly it isn't from me editing resolv.conf.
This is the entire content of /etc/resolv.conf.

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1

Given the number of cooks [softwares] in the
kitchen [system], I can only guess how the
spice ["nameserver 127.0.0.1"] came to be in
the soup [network configuration].

In any case, the number [ip address] for
directory assistance [dns of the ISP] is
somewhere in the kitchen [system].  According
to my understanding, this number was brought
by a well known delivery service [dhcp3-client].

Nobody can suggest where to read the extant
number [ip address] for directory assistance
[dns of the ISP]?

Pardon the analogy [humour].

Thanks,        ... Peter E.

--