To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: How to change the domainname ????

Dne, 08. 11. 2009 20:34:57 je Erik Grootjans napisal(a):

Why is at startup the name debian.local ???
I have asked to give the hostname debian and the domainname
thuis.local.

Why.
And more important how can i change it

I have a desktop with a static address too; when trying to get its
name.domain shown in my router's configuration page, though, the only
thing that helped was to put this line:

send host-name "MyComputerName.MyDomain";

into /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf. *Although* it's not configured as a DHCP
client. Go figure ...
As to your first question, I can only try a wild guess: maybe it's
because you don't have an actual domain server and an actual domain?

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801