aptitude tries to reach mirrors via IPv6

(I am not subscribed to this list. Please Cc me when replying.)

Hello,

I have IPv4 only connectivity, and IPv6 is entirely disabled in my
systems, by aliasing "ipv6" to "off" in /etc/modprobe.d/aliases and by
blacklisting "ipv6" in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist. The IPv6-related
entries in /etc/hosts have been removed.

However, if I use a Debian archive mirror with IPv6 addresses, aptitude
sometimes tries to reach that mirror (for package list updates or
package downloads) via IPv6, fails with a message like "could not open
socket", and does not re-try on other (IPv4) addresses. Thereby the
entire download operation fails. This doesn't happen every time; the
choice of the address to download from seems to be somewhat random.

I don't know if this also affects apt-get, because I generally don't use
apt-get, and the problem is hard to reproduce. However, I have no other
IPv6-related problems on my systems. (I mainly use the GNOME desktop.)

Is it possible to prevent aptitude from trying IPv6?

--
Vasiliy Faronov